Schools & Organizations
Throughout the U.S., many schools, tutoring agencies, and learning centers have professionals trained in the Slingerland® Approach. The degree to which these organizations use the approach can vary significantly.
Hamlin Robinson School, located in Seattle, WA, is a full Strategic Partner, with all classroom teachers trained in the Slingerland® Approach and meeting all other partnership qualifications.
Here are some questions to ask schools identifying themselves as providing Slingerland® instruction:
- How is Slingerland® Instruction provided – in the classroom, in small group pull‐out programs, or individually? (The Slingerland® Approach may be presented in any of these formats. )
- How much time is allotted for handwriting, spelling and written language, and reading?
- How are students grouped for instruction?
- Is there planning for individual needs?
- Are students actively engaged?
- Does the school consider all curriculum when planning for your student?
- Does the school provide Slingerland® supervision or in‐service training for faculty?
The list below provides links to schools who employ multiple faculty members trained in the Slingerland® Approach:
- Assets School, Honolulu, HI
- Assumption - St. Bridget School, Seattle, WA
- Community Education Council, Monsey, NY (and associated schools)
- Hope Academy, Concord, CA
- Livermore Valley Academy, Livermore, CA
- Los Altos Christian Schools, Los Altos, CA
- North Bridge Academy, Mill Valley, CA
- Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School, Seattle, WA
- Prentice School, North Tustin, CA
- Raskob Learning Institute and Day School, Oakland, CA
- St. Benedict Catholic School, Seattle, WA
- St. Luke School, Shoreline, WA
- St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School, Everett, WA
- St. Monica Catholic School, Mercer Island, WA
- Stellar Academy for Dyslexics, Newark, CA
- Trinity Classical Academy, Valencia, CA
- Valley Christian Schools, San Jose, CA