• The purpose of handwriting instruction
• The developmental stages of handwriting in student
• The ability to identify breakdowns in the learning process and develop prescriptive lesson plans
• Styles of letter form including manuscript and cursive
• Strategies for multisensory instruction teaching new letter forms and reviewing those previously taught
• Strategies for teaching students to copy accurately from far point and near point
• The beginning steps for putting handwriting to functional use
12.5 classroom hours. This workshop is approved for 1 graduate level extension credit through University of San Diego.
Looking for a Different Class?
Non-discrimination Policy: Slingerland® Institute for Literacy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other programs.