The resources made available on our website are provided to offer additional information to parents and guardians, educators, or anyone interested in literacy. Knowledgeable and proactive supporters play a critical role in the educational journey of any student!
Other ways parents can support students:
- Seek resources to better understand learning differences
- Offer consistent, ongoing encouragement and support
- Provide time and space to talk
- Listen to the child’s feelings and help them to attach language to emotion
- Be your child's advocate
- Seek educational instruction that will ignite your child's potential
Avoid comparisons to siblings
Support your child’s strengths (academic areas, arts, sports, etc.)
Other ways teachers can support students:
- Reward effort, not just results
- Acknowledge perseverance
- Set attainable goals and celebrate successes
- Avoid using words like "lazy" or "just try harder"
- Utilize the best instructional methods that include multi-sensory, structured literacy approaches