Spelling and Written Language Part 2 (Intermediate)
Spelling and Written Language 2 goes into greater depth and specificity about how to teach students as they develop written expressive language including phonics, encoding and spelling rules leading to independent written work. This is module two of two.
• Organization of the English language - including base words, prefixes and suffixes
• Concrete instructional practices for teaching spelling rules
• Developing a weekly integrated language arts lesson based on a dictation paragraph including practice, review and introduction of new concepts
• Expanding the use of words within phrases and sentences
• Working with more complex phonograms, and types of syllables
• Understanding how to develop a dictation paragraph
• Using dictation with students at all age levels (including younger students) · Emphasizing integration at every step (and stage) of instruction
20 classroom hours. This workshop is approved for 1.5 graduate level extension credits through University of San Diego.
Looking for a Different Class?
Non-discrimination Policy: Slingerland® Institute for Literacy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other programs.